We provide traditional five year Welding/Fabrication apprenticeships at our Training Academy, and we are now recruiting for our September 2018 intake. Please visit WEC Group’s website to learn more about our apprenticeship schemes and to download an application form.
We have a number of exciting job vacancies here at MTLA, and we are currently seeking to recruit dynamic and enthusiastic individuals for the following positions:
- To review engineering drawings for parts to be fabricated/welded.
- Perform welding/plating activities.
- Ensure tolerances and parameters are met to satisfy quality and output.
- Ensure production timings are met/exceeded.
- Follow company rules and adhere to procedures & Health and Safety standards.
- Work as part of a team to produce orders on time and within customer expectation/quality requirements.
- Carry out and record daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and safety checks.
- Ensure correct marking up of component parts.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Welding & Fabrication experience and qualifications
- Must be coded to BS EN ISO9606-1 fillet and butt weld standard
- Experienced in MIG and TIG welding with the ability to read engineering drawings
- Ability to work effectively and use own initiative
- Good communicator at all levels
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
Shift Rotation 6am-2pm and10pm-6am. Please send your CV to email@example.com
Press Brake Operator
- Operating press brake machine, ensuring it runs continuously to ensure maximum productivity
- Producing orders on time and to the correct quality standard
- Manoeuvring of materials on to and off the press machines, either by crane or manually
- Setting up the machine by reading engineering drawings, programming, tooling changes
- Marking up of pressed parts and packing
Knowledge & skills required:
- Must have previous experience operating a press brake machine
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Knowledge of different metals an advantage.
- Competent in the use of all forms of measuring equipment including verniers, rulers, angle measuring devices
- Able to set and maintain a high standard of workmanship
- Able to work pro-actively and as part of a team to improve productivity and efficiency
Mon to Fri 6am -2pm, 2.00pm -10.00pm, 10.00pm – 6.00am. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fabrication Shift Manager
- To layout and organize the production process to provide maximum efficiency and process control.
- To ensure commercial aspect of all decisions are made a priority
- Implement and maintain strict quality controls across the fabrication process
- To ensure team members are fully trained:- to use the relevant machines and equipment; to be able to read drawings; to produce the required quality; and to maximize efficiency
- To manage the department and ensure that all employees fulfil their respective responsibilities.
- To apply best practice in work methods and material handling to reduce hazards and risk of accidents and to ensure a safe working environment which complies with Health & Safety Standards
- To develop personnel in line with their capabilities, expectations and the company’s requirements
- To actively seek and apply continuous improvements to all processes including the management system
Knowledge & skills required:
- Previous experience in relevant environment preferable
- Good understanding of fabrication and welding processes
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
- Understanding of company quality procedures and specific customer requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers on quality and service
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and lead and manage others to achieve desired results
- Management experience
- Team leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Results oriented change agent who is an effective business systems thinker
- Excellent Communicator
6.00am – 2.00pm. Please send your CV to email@example.com
Benefits for all
Cycle to work scheme
Employee Benefit Loan scheme
Death in Service Award scheme
Company Pension scheme
Free on site parking
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
For further details please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Recruitment Team at our Head Office on 01254 773718.
Thank you for viewing our careers page.
Careers careers careers careers careers careers careers careers careers careers careers